Friday, September 28, 2012

Surprise, Surprise mommy!

Today is Fendi's 20th birthday. I remember 20 years ago when she entered the world and my life.

Fendi came from Boston to surprise me in California. Her brief stay is only 72 hours where she will spend time with family, celebrating her birthday, and seeing me again one last time before I depart the country to serve Peace Corps. What a very special treat for me as I think it's a wonderful idea and I am so glad that she came up with this secret plan.

As I zipped her party dress and curled her hair this early evening in preparation for her birthday dinner, I looked at her face in the mirror. My daughter is beautiful. For a moment, I imagined as if she was getting married or going to the prom as her dress and hairdo was dressy and festive. I had a sense of immense pride yet sadness as I know she is growing up as a young adult. As I write this, my throat is tight and eyes are watery. I will miss her very much.



My baby who I adore the most in this world

No flower can ever compare to your beauty

Happy 20th Birthday, Bon Bon !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment