Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Brother Bonaparte is the Bomb!

There are certain kinds of people, if one is fortunate enough to encounter, that makes the world a better place. To know them is a blessing. To be with them is comforting. They are always safe, happy, and fun for they exude kindness, humor, intelligence and they are always responsible and ethical. These people make you feel good and you always want to be in their presence for every second spent with them is truly a joy. Sadness is when you must part from them.

I am lucky to know of such a person and even luckier that he is closely related to me. He is my brother. Bonaparte is the epitome of congeniality...a soul that even Satan wouldn't harm. He makes one feel good. During his wedding, me being his best man, or best woman in this case, my speech reflected this sentiment as I proudly shared with family and his friends that my brother is my favorite person in the world.

He is a man who adores being a father and a husband; a wholesome all around good person who genuinely finds bliss spending time with his family. His wife and children won the lotto of having him as their father and husband. They must have been fallen Saints in their past life to have a great human in this present life.

When I announced I'd be in a long journey traveling to third world countries with plan to trek Everest Base Camp in Nepal, my brother never verbalized excitement from approval or discouragement from disapproval. Just like my announcement for Peace Corps departure. Same thing. Neither here nor there. At times, I wished he would show happiness which is to share in my joy or being more verbal in his thought because I'm not entirely certain of how he feels about the things I do in life. But I understand that his lack of expression, positive or negative, may be his sensitivity towards my daughter, his niece's anxiety; therefore, he doesn't want to tell me what I should or should not do in life.

He shows support and encouragement in my endeavors not by strings of verbose sugar coated words, but by thoughtful and considerate gesture. For my adventure in Mount Everest, he prepared me a hiking outfit with socks and thermal underwear and a Suuno watch with altimeter and the works. For his peace of mind, as he put it, he asks that I accept his gift of an Apple IPhone 4S, the top of the line model, for this device is a global phone in which I am able to make international calls in the event of an emergency. For my next gig with the Peace Corps, brother bought me a 13" Mac Air laptop, again, the upgraded top of the line model with other goodies as attachment.

It is not the actual value of the gift and the money he spent, but his loving and generous thought. He wants to make my life's journey easier and safer. My brother's love and support for me will always be cherished in my heart no matter where I am on this globe.

At the end of the day, action speaks louder than words...

My brother Bonaparte is the bomb!



Bon Voyage Sis!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment