Saturday, September 1, 2012

Read till you drop 'cause you've got 27 months, girl!

This Labor Day weekend is laborious for me in that I have been uploading, downloading and whatever and however it takes to get 2 years and 3 months worth of reading material on my new toy, the Kindle Touch.

One lady I met who served Tanzania many years back read over 200 books during her service. I suppose when there is no electricity and the village sleeps once the sun sets, reading is a feasible activity as long as you have a tiny teeny headlamp worn on your head.

I love the compact, convenience, portability, and whatever other bells and whistles it come with... but honestly, nothing beats like holding a weight of a worn out book in one's grubby hands where you can earmark a page, write notes on it, or draw mustache and devil horn on a face of a book cover!

These new eBook reader are quite a brilliant invention as everything you want to read, your entire life's worth of library, can all be had and carried in your pant pocket anywhere in the world! Being the gear and gadget aficionado I can be, my Ipad also has ibooks in which it's somewhat debatable as to which is a nicer format to read: the Ipad or the Kindle. More choices are more confusing. On second thought, I'll just go get my old book now....

No comments:

Post a Comment