Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Same day last year on 9/11

Exactly a year ago, I thought how symbolically meaningful and especially memorable had my recruiter announced of my Peace Corps nomination. It was the month of September that the first opening of a general job assignment took place during my application process.

I was not nominated until the third job opening in the month of March the following year, 2012. The second time I learned I didn't receive a nomination was whilst abroad traveling in Nepal, I seem to recall.

Those waiting period for a nomination allowed me to surrender to the fate that shall be decided for me. I would have gladly accepted and not be disappointed or bitter should I didn't make the competitive cut. If I didn't join the Peace Corps now, I would return to India to continue an incomplete and unfinished journey.

India is not going anywhere. However, my interest, motivation, and physical stamina to live and work under harsh condition may wean or all together disappear when I am older to reapply for the Peace Corps. It is meant for me now to take this path. I am ready while I still am still physically, mentally, and emotionally willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment