Friday, September 21, 2012

Spending time together via Skype

Recently, Fendi and I skype for hours until she falls asleep. It's a minimum of 8 hours that I sit in front of my computer and she has her laptop which she takes to bed. When we are not exchanging a conversation, we both do our things on our computers where our cameras enable us to see one another. Since there is a 3 hours time difference, she will have already retire and begin to fall asleep. Meanwhile via the webcam, I can see her sleeping, tossing and turning in bed, and I can also hear the city noise emitting from her bedroom window in Boston.

This is our way to feel connected with one another before I depart the country; we can see and hear each other even if we are not talking. It feels as if we're basically in the same room.

My daughter asked me to create something for her and her roommate who became her best friend in Boston. This picture she wants me to render has meaning for them as these two girls' college friendship started with meetings for breakfast. It's the Winnie the Pooh breakfast quote.
 
When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.” 
 
 
Couple evenings ago when Fendi fell asleep, I started to work on this illustration. I tried to jazz up an extremely simple illustration with more scenes and added color. I look forward to her reaction the next day as I had plan to post it on her Facebook wall as a surprise upon her discovery. I was a very happy mother when she replied to the post, Love it.

We are only a webcam away, kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment