Saturday, September 15, 2012

More goodies in my inbox from Peace Corps

I enjoy receiving e-mails of logistics from Peace Corps. I imagine my peers, fellow to-be-trainees, feel the same way as this mean we are closer to being a volunteer and the imminent departure is near.

Today's treat is a 17 pages print out of what to expect during Pre Service Training. My first shock was learning that upon arrival that later evening in Tanzania, we would immediately be given malaria prophylaxis. Other than that head turner, it appears that the training program is very effective in that it's all experiential. We will be "dumped' into a real live village and practice the skills that we have just learned. This makes total sense. Sitting in a classroom is theory but in order to be successful and effective, one must be in the field doing the actual work. Our training will be in a village where we are assimilating an actual site.

After finishing the reading, I felt very good, very positive, and very excited. In my mind's eye, I can already see what this may look like and how I fit in.

Today I repacked everything! I take something old out, I put something new in. I take more things out and I put more things in. At the end of the day, I am at the same place...no more no less. At least everything is now orderly and totally compartmentalized.

Oh....I did finally buy a slip. The thought of wearing a black 23" microfiber slip under my maxi skirt is already making me hot and sweaty. At least it is anti-cling.


No comments:

Post a Comment