Monday, September 5, 2011

So far so good...

September 1, 2011

I received an e-mail from a recruiter stating that he looks forward in working with me throughout the application process and that he will be calling me on September 6 to discuss next steps before I leave on a mini road trip. I wrote him that I will be out of town from September 11 to 20 and that if I am granted an interview, if they can schedule it either before or after my little sojourn to Oregon.

Since application submission, I check my e-mails as if I'm on match.com to see who has winked at me and if the hottie will ask me out to dinner. When I see the name Johann in my inbox, with excitement I am hoping my recruiter is the bearer of good news. So far the recruiting office has been very prompt throughout the process. Why hook up with a dating service when you can apply to the Peace Corps; it is a thousand times more exciting and fulfilling. Who wants fine dining, hot sex, and romantic getaways...when you can have no running water and electricity, eating boiled millet with yak cheese, and hike a mile to work any day! Sign me up for the latter anytime. But then again, that's me.

Trust me, whilst in the Peace Corps, one can absolutely have a most unique culinary experience with meaningful people in an authentic relationship and living in an exotic location that few would ever get to discover or can only dream of. Try to top that one!

For the record, I have never subscribed to any online dating service.

No comments:

Post a Comment