Monday, September 5, 2011

Now what...?

August 29, 2011

Peace Corps received both my application and health review forms; the first two documents that get submitted and reviewed. Now, the next step is waiting for the recruiter to notify me of the next step of the application process. I know I'll be supplying additional material. Jesus Christ.....do they want my Kindergarten class picture and my high school report card?  This is the American government, all nominees will under go national agency check for background investigation. Imagine what applying for the CIA is like. As an interesting Peace Corps tidbit, CIA people can not join Peace Corps and Peace Corps people can not join CIA. The reason: impropriety. It doesn't look kosher to other countries. SPY.

A recruiting director and I have been e-mailing about my pending departure in November for nearly 6 months. He tells me that most likely the medical portion would have to be done whilst I am abroad. Oh great..an Indian medical facility...at least it'll be cheaper than Newport Beach...think I'll have to supply my own needles. I've informed the agency that we need to expedite any necessary protocol before I leave the country. They assure me that it's all good in the hood. We'll see...meanwhile, it truly feels like I'm waiting for a potential employer to contact me for a possible job.

No comments:

Post a Comment