Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cat is out of the bag and did I get it, did I get it?

September 20, 2011

Technically today, as I recall from the interview, I may be notified whether I am nominated or not for an upcoming assignment. Supposedly, September 15 is when the recruiting office would be informed of new job openings whereby recruiters will nominate qualified and suitable applicants for each job. I am assuming that whether I am nominated or not, I would be told by Johann. Today I didn't get a call or an e-mail. Nada.

Well, tomorrow is another day and I'll just have to wait and hope for good news. Tomorrow, Carla and I go to Oregon to visit my friend Dudley, Peter's very good friend.

The San Gorgonio backpack trip was great; I co lead the hike because the co leader bailed at the beginning of the hike due to his painful hip. This was a very good conditioning hike for the upcoming Mount Everest trek.

On the day I was to leave for the backpack trip, not surprising to me, I found out that mummsy told my brother and his wife that I applied for the Peace Corps. When I asked her what their reactions were, she said nothing. Hmmmmm...nothing, really? Debbie wouldn't be surprised but perhaps my brother would make a comment or two. An hour before I was to be picked up for carpool to the mountains, I wrote an e-mail to my bro and sis-in-law about my application to the Peace Corps. Debbie promptly responded with her encouragement of how she believed I have a lot to offer and that it would be an amazing experience. From my brother....nothing. Nada.

No comments:

Post a Comment