Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Au revoir America Bonjour Tanzania

I am currently sitting at gate 46 Delta KLM Air France in Newark Airport waiting for our flight to depart in over 5 hours. These last 5 hours are our last American hours, last call to family hours and literally any last minute affairs to handle hours.

Having weighed all 3 baggage prior to check-in at the airport counter, confident that each were under 50, to my dismay, one luggage was at 62 or 64 when the agent weighed it. Fudge! I quickly transferred things from bag A to bag B. I hate last minute stress and holding up the line. Once those 3 eyesores were out of my sight until I see them again in Tanzania, for the moment I can relax and chill. If it wasn't for the only volunteer who came with only 1 bag, I'd have to discard 50 lbs of things. Thanks to One Bag Max, he gave me his allowance. Farewell to canned fish and lots of toiletries would make me sad. I treated him to his last American burger and fries with a spicy Bloody Mary cocktail.

While I have 5 hours to kill, I'll call family and use the internet for when I am in country, what we take for granted daily is something only i can hope for when I am there.


1 comment:

  1. Wow babes! I'm with you....I am thinking you must be in Tanzania by now! Hope your flight was good! Glad you didn't pay overages since you're volunteering!!!

    Sending you our love and good energy my dear!

    Zaph and Stephanopolis

    ReplyDelete