Thursday, October 4, 2012

At the Peace Corps Office in Tanzania

Last night we arrived in Tanzania and on the seat of the center where we were welcomed rests a small paper bag with our name written on it. I thought how cute...a goodie bag for each trainee. When I opened it, my happy face turned to an unhappy face. ...our malaria prophylaxis.

I was quite pleased with my hostel room and double pleased that it was on ground floor because otherwise I will start to bribe a volunteer to have him take my 3 heavy bags up the stairs. My closet is useless as my full size bed completely blocked it.

Triple pleased that there was running water thus an acceptable shower albeit cold; but with the warm and humid temperature, it was most welcomed.

Today is administrative work with vaccination, banking, and etc. We volunteers will be receiving as a living stipend of a whopping $4 ish a day. Whoaaaa...slow down cowboy!

The staff here in Tanzania Peace Corps seem extremely professional, nice and many are humorous. It really is a family here. I'm stoked big times to be a part of it with Americans and Tanzanians.


1 comment:

  1. Hallo wendy,its so nice to hear that you have arrived safely by the grace of Lord Buddha and knowing all the facts about your closet and cold water but yuou will like to take shower because overthere weather is hot and humid so no need for hot shower,but you should have room upstairs so that you can loose some of the weight and i like your picture with a peace corps logo and your room looks cool with bed and table is there too you can write your blog from that its nice Wendy....
    TakeCare Buddha is With You All The Time ,Have Fun With Fantastic Memories.....!!!
    Rajan Thakur{Raj Mahal}

    ReplyDelete