Monday, May 6, 2013

A Bug’s Life


A Bug’s Life

Possibly due to the colder climate now and near daily sweeping of my house, it appears that I have fewer bugs at home….that, or I am in the insect world known as the Hitler with a reputation of being the bug exterminator. They are still wholeheartedly unwelcome in their visits to my abode, but what I have noticed is that living in the country and seeing these creatures for 7 months have trained me to become emotionally and visually immune to them. Initially, their sight absolutely disturbed me and there was a point where I experience anxiety when I’d be caught off guard. Now, with 7 months of this “experiential therapy”, I’m confident to say I’m somewhat “cured”. I no longer shriek and the real test is I no longer bother to even be their Grim Reaper. Not really. I let them be, for the most part. It’s probable that I’m just a lazy mofo, but now I let them hang on my walls, floor, or wherever they like to rest is fine by me, unless they are getting into food, my clothes or somewhere they shouldn’t be…like one time I found them inside my shampoo bottle. Yes, shampoo fortified with bug protein for that strong silky feel.

Geckos are the worst for me, but I think again…whatever. I wish they weren’t there, but I refuse to give them the power over me. I’m big and a human and they are little nothings. I can’t let these little nothings control big me, the human.

None of these creepy crawlers are technically dangerous. At least I’ve not yet encountered poisonous kinds. This particular animal kingdom is just a disgusting nuisance to me. I don’t find them beautiful or cool. Admittedly, they are interesting in their own perverted alien kind of way. I’m just not a sci-fi kind of chick, so sorry.

When I see them, I’m not happy but at least I’m not genuinely troubled where I’m having a mini panic attack. They are akin to spilling something on your clothes. The reaction is “oh crap, whatever…not the end of the world.” These lower life forms are exactly just that…they are puny and they lie low. Technically, they are not doing anything to me…they are just unwanted and unloved by me and the majority of the human species. The sight of them elicit apprehension, disgust, and to the rare few, fascination with oohs and aahs.

It’s great that we have a defense mechanism. My defense to these bugs, insects, creepy crawlers, and mofos are just to not let them "bug"me anymore. 




No comments:

Post a Comment