Thursday, August 30, 2012

Enters staging info....

Today the anticipated staging info arrived in my inbox. Philadelphia it is! Hello Philly steak sandwich smothered with onions, cheese, and lard galore worthy of a heart attack squished between an empty nutrient heavy on carb bun. Gonna try to get me one last decadent American fast food before I leave for Africa where corn mush resembling paper mache glue is their staple diet. This white gruel is call ugali. I better be digging it 'cause I'll be eating plenty of it.

According to the schedule, October 1 is a full day of orientation and the following day, October 2 is the fateful departure to Tanzania from Newark airport with a stop over in Amsterdam. Would be mighty considerate if they'd let us, Peace Corps volunteers-to-be, off for one last pork fest of all-you-can-eat-CHEESE in Holland!

We will arrive Dar es Salaam at 11:30pm. Whoaaa....late at night, all dark, in black Africa....Karibu Tanzania!

No comments:

Post a Comment